Moving to Canada

Here at Arrowpak International we’ve been moving families, businesses and individuals, to and from Canada since 1979 so you can be sure you’re in good hands. Wherever you’re moving to in Canada our specialist team will take care of everything to make sure your move goes smoothly and your household goods arrive at your new home safe and sound.

We realise that moving to another country can be daunting, so we will always be on hand to give you the help and advice you need at every stage of the journey, from expertly packing your fragile goods to arranging transport for cars, motorbikes and even the family pet.

Whether you’re moving to a major city or a tranquil retreat in the countryside, our experts have the local knowledge, contacts and skills to make sure your move goes smoothly and there are no delays or bureaucratic hiccups along the way.

Call us FREE on 0800 136 332 for an instant quote.


Canada is the second largest country in the world, with frozen tundra and snow capped mountains in the north giving way to rich farmlands and cosmopolitan cities further south. For people with a love for the outdoors Canada has it all, with over 40 huge National Parks - Wood Buffalo National Park in Alberta is larger than the country of Switzerland! Even the cities have greenery and parklands in abundance, proving their citizens with peace and tranquillity amidst the turmoil of urban living.

Since 1867 Canada has had two official languages, English and French, with about a quarter of the population speaking French and the remainder English. The huge province of Quebec has the highest concentration of French speakers (Francophones) with only around 20% of residents having English as a first language.

Personal effects

Household and personal effects can be imported without paying duty provided you have owned them for at least one year before arrival in Canada. Containers may be examined by Canadian customs at the port of entry. The team at Arrowpak International will provide you with the correct documentation, which you will need to complete before departure. Pets Cats and dogs do not require a permit or a rabies vaccination to enter Canada as the UK is rabies free. You should however, get a health certificate from your veterinary surgeon confirming that your pet is fit to travel.

For further information, please visit:


Electrical current is 110 volts, 60Hz. American-style flat two-pin plugs and a third round grounding pin are standard.

Motor vehicles

Cars and motorcycles less than 15 years old must have been manufactured to meet safety standards of either the USA or Canada. Vehicles manufactured to meet other country standards or are more than 15 years old may not be imported. We will be happy to answer any queries regarding the export of vehicles to Canada.

Driving licences

You may drive in Canada using your full UK licence for up to one year,
following which you will need to take a driving test and obtain a Canadian


Customs info:

Quick Quote Quick Enquiry

To get a quote for European or International moves please follow the link below:-

Our Video


Request a Callback

Survey Appointment

Box Shop

Detailed Quote

Our Offices

Head Office
01234 567 891
01234 567 891
Alicante, Spain
Bury St Edmunds
01234 567 891
Military Relocation
01234 567 891