Moving to Spain

Wherever you’re moving to in Spain, whether a major city like Madrid or Barcelona or a small town on the coast or in the countryside, our specialist team will take care of everything to make sure your move goes smoothly and your goods arrive at your new home safe and sound.  Here at Arrowpak International we’ve been moving people to and from Spain since 1979, and have the local knowledge, contacts and skills to make sure your move goes smoothly - you couldn’t be in better hands.

Call us FREE on 0800 136 332 for an instant quote.


Despite its popular image of sun, sea and sangria, Spain is a mountainous country with the snow-capped peaks of the Pyrenees forming a natural border with France and the Picos de Europa that tower like cathedrals in the north. Ever since the invention of the package holiday in the 1960s Spain has been a popular destination for tourists attracted by the ‘guaranteed’ sunshine on the Mediterranean beaches of the Costas and Balearic islands.

According to Spanish government figures there were almost six million foreign residents in Spain in 2011 representing about 12% of the population, although difficult economic conditions have prompted many to return home in recent years.  

Helpful information

Personal effects

You can import any used personal effects and household goods to France providing VAT has been paid in the EU.  You will need a detailed inventory of all items and a customs declaration form.


Electrical current is 220 or 225 volts, 50Hz. European-style two-pin plugs are standard.


You are welcome to take your dog or cat to Spain provided they are at least 3 months old and have been vaccinated against Rabies within 21 days of moving.  An EU pet Passport attesting valid rabies vaccination delivered by a Government-approved vet in the UK or local veterinary inspector is required.  Regulations frequently change so it is advisable to check the latest situation before travelling. The team at Arrowpak will be happy to give advice about transport and the shipment of domestic pets and more unusual animals.

Cars and motorcycles

Importing cars and motorcycles into Spain can be complicated so please ask our specialist team for advice well in advance of your move.

Driving licences

Driving licences issued by an EU country are valid in Spain for an unlimited period (subject to their normal renewal date) providing there are no endorsements or suspensions, etc.

Holders of non-European licences may drive for up to one year, again providing there are no endorsements, etc.  After twelve months the Spanish theory and practical test will need to be passed to obtain a licence. Some countries have reciprocal arrangements to exchange licences for their Spanish equivalent. 


Customs information:

Pets: http:

Quick Quote Quick Enquiry

To get a quote for European or International moves please follow the link below:-

Our Video


Request a Callback

Survey Appointment

Box Shop

Detailed Quote

Our Offices

Head Office
01234 567 891
01234 567 891
Alicante, Spain
Bury St Edmunds
01234 567 891
Military Relocation
01234 567 891