Moving to Italy

Wherever you’re moving to in Italy, whether a major city like Milan or Rome or a secluded place in the countryside, our specialist team will take care of everything to make sure your move goes smoothly and your goods arrive at your new home safe and sound.  Here at Arrowpak International we’ve been moving people to and from Italy since 1979, and have the local knowledge, contacts and skills to make sure your move goes smoothly - you couldn’t be in better hands.

Call us FREE on 0800 136 332 for an instant quote.


Italy is the fashion capital of Europe: the home of designer brands such as Prada, Gucci, Armani, and dozens of others too numerous to mention. As well as high fashion, Italy has more UNESCO World Heritage Sites than any other country in the world, with 47 sites of global historical significance dotted around the country.

Italy has everything, from chic holiday beaches on the Mediterranean and Adriatic, to world-class ski resorts in the Dolomites and Alps. Add to that an agreeable climate and sunshine for most of the year and it’s no wonder Italians and visitors enjoy La Dolce Vita.

Helpful information

Personal effects

You can import any used personal effects and household goods to Italy providing VAT has been paid in the EU.  You will need a detailed inventory of all items and a customs declaration form.


Electrical current is 220 or 225 volts, 50Hz. European-style two-pin plugs are standard.


You are welcome to take your dog or cat to Italy provided they are at least 3 months old and have been vaccinated against Rabies within 21 days of moving. An EU pet Passport attesting valid rabies vaccination delivered by a Government-approved vet in the UK or local veterinary inspector is required.

Regulations frequently change so it is advisable to check the latest situation before travelling. The team at Arrowpak will be happy to give advice about transport and the shipment of domestic pets and more unusual animals.

Cars and motorcycles

Importing cars and motorcycles into Italy can be complicated so please ask our specialist team for advice well in advance of your move.

Driving licences 

Driving licences issued by an EU country are valid in Italy for an unlimited period (subject to their normal renewal date) providing there are no endorsements or suspensions, etc.

Holders of non-European licences may drive for up to one year, again providing there are no endorsements, etc.  After twelve months the Italian theory and practical test will need to be passed to obtain a licence. Some countries have reciprocal arrangements to exchange licences for their Italian equivalent. 

Italian embassy:
Customs info:

Quick Quote Quick Enquiry

To get a quote for European or International moves please follow the link below:-

Our Video


Request a Callback

Survey Appointment

Box Shop

Detailed Quote

Our Offices

Head Office
01234 567 891
01234 567 891
Alicante, Spain
Bury St Edmunds
01234 567 891
Military Relocation
01234 567 891