Moving to Holland

Wherever you’re moving to in Holland, whether a major city like Amsterdam or Utrecht or a secluded place in the countryside, our specialist team will take care of everything to make sure your move goes smoothly and your goods arrive at your new home safe and sound.

Here at Arrowpak International we’ve been moving people to and from Holland since 1979, and have the local knowledge, contacts and skills to make sure your move goes smoothly - you couldn’t be in better hands.

Call us FREE on 0800 136 332 for an instant quote.


Someone once said, “God made the world, but the Dutch made Holland”, a reference to the fact that large parts of the country is reclaimed land lying below sea level, necessitating the construction of huge dams to hold back the sea. 

Traditionally Holland is known for its windmills, tulips, canals and bicycles, but is not as well known for its excellent food, especially fish, which is a delight for any seafood lover.

Holland also has some of the best roads in Europe with an excellent motorway network linking all the major cities via impressive bridges, tunnels and dykes.

Helpful information

Personal effects

You can import any used personal effects and household goods to Holland providing VAT has been paid in the EU.  You will need a detailed inventory of all items and a customs declaration form.


Electrical current is 220 or 225 volts, 50Hz. European-style two-pin plugs are standard.


You are welcome to take your dog or cat to Holland provided they are at least 3 months old and have been vaccinated against Rabies within 21 days of moving. An EU pet Passport attesting valid rabies vaccination delivered by a Government-approved vet in the UK or local veterinary inspector is required.

Regulations frequently change so it is advisable to check the latest situation before travelling. The team at Arrowpak will be happy to give advice about transport and the shipment of domestic pets and more unusual animals.


Cars and motorcycles

Importing cars and motorcycles into Holland can be complicated so please ask our specialist team for advice well in advance of your move.

Driving licences 

Driving licences issued by an EU country are valid in Holland for an unlimited period (subject to their normal renewal date) providing there are no endorsements or suspensions, etc.

Holders of non-European licences may drive for up to one year, again providing there are no endorsements, etc.  After twelve months the Dutch theory and practical test will need to be passed to obtain a licence. Some countries have reciprocal arrangements to exchange licences for their Dutch equivalent. 

Dutch Embassy:
Customs info:

Quick Quote Quick Enquiry

To get a quote for European or International moves please follow the link below:-

Our Video


Request a Callback

Survey Appointment

Box Shop

Detailed Quote

Our Offices

Head Office
01234 567 891
01234 567 891
Alicante, Spain
Bury St Edmunds
01234 567 891
Military Relocation
01234 567 891